Best Fights in Boston Sports History. You have to watch this video!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Do I Owe Dan Duquette an Apology?

I am sitting here wondering if I owe Dan Duquette an apology and I don't quite know what to make of it. Ever since Roger Clemens left the Red Sox back in 1996 I've been cursing out Dan Duquette for thinking that Clemens was, as he said, "in the twilight of his career". At the time I couldn't help but think that it didn't look like he was in the twilight of his career when he won the Cy Young Award up in Toronto in 1997 and 1998, or, for that matter, when he won it again in 2001. So, for almost 12 years now I've been giving the middle finger to Duquette for being an idiot. But now, with all these allegations that Clemens has been cheating since 1998, what am I to do? If Clemens is found to have cheated do I have to give Duquette credit for knowing that Clemens' career was winding down? Looking back, Duquette made some great acquisitions. He picked up Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez, Derek Lowe, Jason Varitek, and in the process gave up Carl Pavano (that alone earns him new found respect from me), Heathcliff Slocumb, and Tony Armas Jr. Talk about coming out smelling like roses! Anyway, not that Dan Duquette will ever read this, or would care even if he did, but.... I AM SORRY for doubting you. I don't know how many other people out there have been holding a grudge against him like myself, but it seems to me we all may owe him one big apology and maybe, just maybe, a thank you as well.

BallHype: hype it up!

0 comments: